Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's Happening Again

The feeling of Christmas: what is it for you? how is it found for you? when does it come? For me the first feeling associated with Christmas usually comes around the first of December with a "Bah, humbug, do we have to go through all this again??!" Then the details gradually get taken care of - the cards get mailed; the out of town presents get bought, mailed and wrapped; the dinner gets planned; the tree gets trimmed and it happens again: positive feelings begin to take over. For me, this usually happens with the trimming of the tree as I listen to Christmas music. The beautiful sentiments of the Christmas carols usher in a time of nostalgia and reflection.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I finally made time to check your blog. Happy New Year! I agree with you that things do get done and we manage to celebrate Christmas on cue. For me, I start to get that feeling when we do the Nativity story in one form or another at the school Christmas concert. Childrens' voices singing 'Away in the Manger' or 'Silent Night' get me every time. Decorating the tree is pretty much up there too, but it is the scent of a live tree brings on the nostalgia. Our best to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home