Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A New Look

A friend and I just went for lunch in a village near where we live in Nova Scotia's Annapolis Valley. We were impressed by the many changes we saw around us in the village. It seems to be in the process of reinventing itself as somehat of a centre for the arts. Lunch at the ArtCan Cafe and Gallery was delicious and after lunch we spent some time looking around the gallery and art supply store. I did some drooling over the $25 sable brushes! Perhaps when I perfect my acrylic painting techniques I will treat myself. Or should that be the other way around? Maybe buying some quality materials would help me improve my painting. After lunch we strolled along the street and were attracted by a very welcoming space advertising yoga, tai chi, dance and fitness classes. Poking our noses inside for a look we were greeted by the owner who welcomed us in and gave us a tour of her new Ocean Spirit Studio. We were most impressed with the renovations she has made to what was formerly a rather dark antique store and framing place. The most dramatic renovation was the addition of many large windows framing a beautiful river view. Whether or not we sign up for a class, my friend and I decided the village will be on our "must do again soon" list.


1 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mamie, I'm glad I stopped by. I spend a great deal of time in the Valley area but until I read "A New Look" I hadn't known about Ocean Spirit Studio.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home