Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Quilting Expressions

I've made a number of patchwork quilts and wall hangings. I seem to like choosing bright, happy strong colours. I made one large scrap quilt that I think shows a bit of drama, independence and creativity in its choices of colour combinations and repeat patterns. But what I would really like to do is try to make an art quilt. These expressions are generally not the kinds of quilts one puts on a bed. They are made to be hung on the wall like paintings. They may be landscapes or abstract designs; they may be impressionistic with lovely bits of colour or they may be wildly expressionistic using different textures.
Now, let me see............... when can I get started?? Too many choices, not enough time!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Textile art....I love it!! The possibilities are boundless, regarding scale, infinite variety of textiles, limited only by imagination...and you have lots of that! Wouldn't it be fun to just start laying out all sizes and colours and textures of fabric aand try experimenting with ddifferent configurations of design, colour etc.?

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger mamie said…

    Mulberry, did you check out the site by clicking on the link "art quilt" in my post? There are some magnificent examples!

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger mamie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just checked out the ART QUILT site, Mamie. Amazing stuff...the intricacy and originality is marvellous. Makes one want to try one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home