Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Monday, January 15, 2007

An Answer to One Question

Thinking about one of the questions in my last post "what would be the problem with a CO2 increase anyway since that is what plants need for growth?" I happened to find one answer in the gardening column "On the Vine" by Carla Allen in my local newspaper The Advertiser. Just a small point perhaps but one that I have been missing in many of the discussions I have been reading: that is that certain kinds of weeds like poison ivy and ragweed are flourishing and thus making life more miserable for allergy sufferers. She says that ragweed produces 10 times the amount of pollen in CO2 enhanced conditions. Interesting. Allen's article continued to speculate on other problems gardeners might face in a warmer climate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home