Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Grist for the Mill

I've started two books, two very different books, one a novel, one a collection of essays. The novel is The Age of Longing by Richard B. Wright, the Canadian author whose 2005 novel Adultery was the subject of an animated discussion in my book club this past year. Interestingly the main character in this earlier (1995) novel is also a book editor. The other book I am reading off and on was published in 2002 and is a collection of personal essays by American biologist-turned-writer Barbara Kingsolver. I've previously read two of Kingsolver's novels, The Poisonwood Bible and Prodigal Summer, both strong books that left me with a lasting impression. Her essay collection takes its title Small Wonder from the first of many pieces written over several years in the reflective non-fiction style I find so compelling.
Grist for the blog mill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home