Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Telling It Like It Is

Don't you just love the words of some of those country songs? When I'm driving around in my car I often have the radio on to our local station which plays country music all day and sometimes I laugh out loud at some of the expressions or I think "well, that's rather meaningful or well-said." Country music: lots of everyday angst and heartache, lots of griping, but gratitude and celebratory moments are recorded too.

Some of the songs are quite sexist, but funny too. What about the overworked gal who sings "my husband and I, we need a wife, someone whose sole ambition in life is to do laundry"? A recent song has a guy crooning (quite unabashedly) that all he wants is "you and me and the lights down low, with nothin' on but the radio." Just for sheer rudeness, the country line "here's a quarter, tell someone who cares," strikes me as a response I'd like to make sometime to someone who is bending my ear boringly! But for a real "telling it like it is" line nothing would beat "my give a damm's busted!" I haven't had an occasion to use that one yet............. but I'm waitin'!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good morning Mamie. It's not a very nice one in this neck of the woods...5:30 and raining heavy. But that's par for the course here.(language a good golfer understands!) And for every occasion/event there's a country song. I think Johnny Cash's "Five Feet High and Risin" will be the theme song for this area.
    Country music is great though. It really does tell it like it is. It's all about life, eh....the good, the bad and the ugly.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger mamie said…

    Thanks for your comments, "c/w fan"! Hope your rain stopped and you're getting dried out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home