Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Golden Days

Every year at this time a wonderful quote I once read always comes to mind. Archibald Lampman wrote in Harper's Magazine in September, 1893: "Thus without grief the golden days go by, So soft we scarcely notice how they wend, And like a smile half happy, or a sigh, The summer passes to her quiet end."

Today was one of those golden days. It was warm and sunny and there was no wind. I went for a walk and took a series of pictures that seemed to capture some of the beauty of the day. I visited an orchard and took some pictures of pears hanging from the trees. I then went on a walk through a lovely nature trail that the owners of one of the farm markets near me have developed through their woods and orchards. I noticed a few red and yellow leaves here and there and masses of goldenrod and wild asters everywhere. Returning to my yard, I saw that my neighbour's sunflowers were all turned my way, so it seemed like a good idea to capture them! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 3:56 AM, Blogger Agneta said…

    Hi, Mamie
    I finally got to see your pictures. Lovely sunflowers! :)
    But I have to give you an editing tip - as we are not all on broadband you ought to resize your pitures to a maximum of 400 pixels. I didn't have the patience to wait for them to appear. I made the same mistake in the beguinning. :)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger mamie said…

    Hi Agneta,
    Thank you so much for the tip! I had no idea how it would appear on someone else's computer as it looked fine on mine. I hope you will check back on my blog again to see if I have figured out how to resize. All of this is a new learning experience for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home