Mamie's Meanderings

A medley of musings in a meandering manner.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Cryptoquotes

My daily newspaper (which is more or less regular and on time every morning, unlike my poor blog which is so hit and miss)has a cryptoquote to work out each day. They are often little gems that cause me to nod in agreement, smile at a whimsical one, or wryly recognize a truth in an ironic observation. This cryptoquote by Eric Hoffer made me think: "When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other." Oh, yes, most of us are conformists, aren't we? The other day the cryptoquote was from the ancient Greek sage Seneca: "Wherever there is a human being there is an opportunity for kindness." Really, there is nothing new under the sun about how we should live our lives, is there?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous nw said…

    Well said. It is easy to be kind when we are well fed, warm, and our heart is not damaged.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger mamie said…

    Thank you for your comment, nw. I'm pleased that you still look in on my blog from time to time. As usual, you have hit the nail on the head!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home